7 Harbour Street is set in the heart of Plockton, which is
a National Trust Village, on the north west coast of Scotland
about 7 miles from the bridge to the Isle of Skye. The
house is on the main lane of this village, facing a small
bay that opens out onto the shores of Loch Carron and the
North Sea. Plockton was built as a model village for
the Scottish Highlands in the 1930s. Number
7 has a large hillside terrace and pine garden to the back
of the house where guests can hold private barbeques, and
a picturesque flowering garden to the front, with open views
over the bay. All three bedrooms and the living room have
beautiful views to the front of the cottage, facing the sea
and the cliffs across the bay.
back garden is landscaped with two grass terraces and a
rock garden of alpines and heathers. The back garden can be lit up at night with
the outdoor spotlights although some parts have been left
in shade to protect the pine martin and forest creatures
that live in the old logs and undergrowth at the top of the
is a picnic table and barbeque facilities for eating and
The living room has been located to maximize the views over Obanduine Bay, and is designed with traditional exposed pine beams and an open gas fire. The dining area on the mezzanine floor has solid Scottish oak timber floors and boasts a 4.6 metre wide rear glazed elevation looking out over the patio and rear garden. Leading from the kitchen is a sun room with glazed roof, made with solid Scottish oak timber floor and views over the alpine garden at the back - an ideal place to start off the early evening with a relaxing drink before dinner.
All modern conveniences are available in the house, including
- gas central and under floor heating
- a wide screen 29" television
- a DVD player and a large collection of DVDs for rainy days
- A CD player with a wide collection of music, or alternatively plug in your own iPod with a monster cable and play your own tunes
- games, cards, and a selection of books
- washing machine
- separate tumble drier,
- a baby play pen/travel cot for infants
- a barbeque set.
- The kitchen is fully modernised and fitted out with modern appliances, including a new microwave/convection oven/grill and a sandwich maker.
- There is road parking available and parking
is not a problem at any time of year